Welcome to the Online Management System
1.1 We are fully committed to the protection of individuals rights and privacy. The ways in which we process personal data will be in line with current data protection legislation, this policy will outline how this is achieved. We process personal data based on a legitimate interest to provide our services to you.
1.3 If you are providing personal data to us on behalf of another you shall ensure this information is passed on accordingly to the data subject.
2. Collecting personal information
2.1 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- where you access our website; information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Alertcom this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website;
- information that you provide when completing your profile on our website (including your name, gender, date of birth, address, contact telephone number(s), ethnicity, medical conditions, height and hair colour);
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to including your location(s) and audio files generated when you activate your lone worker alarm
- any other personal information, including your location (s) and audio files which may be generated upon expiry of a Safecheck Timer Session
- any other personal information, including your location(s) and audio files generated when we receive a validated concern for your welfare from your organisaion
2.2 Where you have direct access to your profile, and your organisation has subscribed to the Track on Demand service, we will collect location information at your organisations request where;
- You have opted into the Track on Demand service on yuor profile page
- The representative making the request is authorised to do so.
You will be notified by email should a Track on Demand request be made by your organisation in order to locate you. Should you wish to opt-out of the service you can do so at any time on your profile page Please note: this service is only available to those who allow device users direct access to their Alertcom portal profile. Where this is not the case, your organisation cannot track you using the Track on Demand service.
2.3 Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
3. Using personal information
3.1 Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy and on the relevant pages of the website.
3.2 We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- send you goods purchased through our website;
- supply to you services purchased through our website;
- provide your organisation information so that they can ensure the service is being utilised as required via reporting facilities
- send you email notifications that you or your organisation have requested;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
3.3 We will not supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
4. Disclosing personal information
4.1 We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, couriers, professional advisers, to your organisation, your escalation contacts, and the emergency services or other responder(s) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.2 We may disclose your personal information to your escalation contacts, the emergency services or other responder(s) insofar as reasonably necessary to provide the appropriate response to an emergency situation and/or a valid ated concern for welfare.
4.3 We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
4.4 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. Retaining personal information
5.1 This Section 5 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
5.2 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
5.3 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 5, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
6. Security of personal information
6.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
6.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. Our inforamtion Security Management system is accredited to ISO 27001 and our systems are certified to the UK Government backed Cyber Essentials Plus scheme ( Certificate of Assurance CEP-SAP-j33006). For further details, please visit:
6.3 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
6.4 Where you have direct access to your user profile, you are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
6.5 Information that we collect will only be stored and processed in the United Kingdom.
7.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
7.2 Where you have access to the website, you should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. Where you have provided personal data to us on behalf of another you shall update them with any changes to this policy.
8. Your rights
8.1 You have rights with regards to your personal data.If we collect, store or use your personal data you have the right to;
- reqeust access to that personal data
- ensure that data is accurate and up to date, and where it is not, have that data rectified
- request that the personal data we hold about you is erased
- restrict our processing activities
- object to the processing of your personal data
8.1.1 Further information about your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioners Office.
8.2 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will require appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
8.3 Should you wish to lodge a complaint regarding our processing activities you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioners Office.
9. Updating information
9.1 Please ensure that the personal information that we hold about you is correct and update any changes. Where you have provided us with personal data on behalf of another you shall ensure that person’s data is accurate and up to date.
10. Cookies (upon use of our website)
10.1 Our website uses "session" cookies that will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
10.2 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
10.3 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- in Firefox (version 47) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- in Chrome (version 52), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
10.4 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
10.5 If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
10.6 Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
11. Data protection registration
11.1 We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
11.2 Our data protection registration number is Z6851755.
12. Our details
12.1 Alertcom is a part of AVR Group Limited.
12.2 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 1251842, and our registered office is at 16-24 Attenburys Park Estate, Attenburys Lane, Timperley, Cheshire WA14 5QE
12.3 You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address given at 12.2 above; or
- by telephone on 0333 222 3961.
13. Data Protection Officer
13.1 As of 25th May 2018 we are required by GDPR to employ a Data Protection Officer (DPO). The contact details for our DPO are;
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0333 222 3961